CS351 Syllabus, Spring 2001
Syllabus, assignments, and lecture notes will gradually appear here.
We have a Sample Code Directory where we will put
snippets of examples that you may find helpful.
- Tue Jan 16
- Intro: What modularity means to me.
- Thu Jan 18
- Info documentation browser, C-h i inside Emacs or
info to shell.
Standards for code formatting, names, command line options.
Command line option parser: man 3 getopt, see
getopt_long_only(). GNU getopt code is available for other systems.
Intro to CVS.
- Tue Jan 23
- More CVS. Makefiles. Code from class.
- Thur Jan 25
- STL: container classes. The tutorial used in lecture is available
in plain postscript or 2-up which should save paper.
- Tue Feb 6
- Scanning and Parsing. Assignment Two
- Thur Feb 22
- testing and logs. Assignment Three.
- Tue Mar 20
- Multiple inheritance. Assignment Four.
- Tue Apr 4
- Assignment Five.
- Thur Apr 19
- Final Project.